Friday, September 5, 2008

Malakal here i come!

So i'm going to be going to a town called Malakal. It's the capital of blue nile state. Which is the province that SIM works in most in sudan. Right now SIM sudan has had a man from new zealand named Andrew there for the last 7 months working at a church compound refurbishing two houses. The compound is run by the Sudan Interior Church or SIC. SIMs goal is to hopefully if peace lasts between the north and the south to move its Sudan operations and field office to Malakal. And out of nairobi.

I'll be going up there to help Andrew make contacts, minister, teach, build, and whatever else. I've been told that i'll probably end up preaching some. :) And also leading worship. Especially since i have my guitar with me. Soo.... i have my work cut out for me. I'm sure God is going to stretch the heck outa me.

I'm not sure what malakal is like since i've never been there. But i've heard its much better than living in a bush station. They have markets, some reterants, an internet cafe (sometimes works). And a few other things. But i've also been told that compaired to the USA it'll be really basic. It should be a blast!

You all can pray that God will help me open up some. Because i'm probably going to be doing alot of things out of my comfort zone. Which is not entirely unexpected. And also pray for my health. I have pretty bad allergies here in Nairobi. I had to go pick up some presription strength antihistamines. It must be something in the air here.

A praise is that i had a lost bag when i arrived in Nairobi on wednesday. But amazingly enough it has shown up already! STHWEET!! Because that's rare. A couple here has been waiting on a bag for 2 weeks already. And they have no clue when it will show up.

Anyways. I'm going to get mailing information to you all soon. Things happen very slowly here. So i'm just taking my time settling in.

4 comments:

LMShill said...

hey Joel! Miss you tons!! i'm glad things have gone smoothly for you so far and i'll keep your allergies and for you continue adjusting in my prayers. Hillsong was truly out of this world amazing and when i tell people that, they never quite get how amazing it was, but i know you get it! it was an indescribable worship experience and I could totally worship at a level i yearn to without feeling like i needed to hold back... i don't have words for it really (and i almost lost my voice so i physically didnt have words either! lol) i'm glad you got to see Nick in Toronto! get your mailing info up soon so i can write you a real letter k!

Blessings! Lindee

JTBeckett said...

Woo Hoo! It was an interesting call from Nairobi about your luggage. Glad you got it and everything's a go.

Samuel sent me the link to your latest blog so now I know where to reach you.

Love, Hugs, and Tons of pray,

Mom

Nanci said...

I am so excited that you are keeping us posted! Prayers continue, my friend, as promised and as led. His love over you. Nanci

Anonymous said...

Hey man, we prayed for you last night (Wednesday). I hope you're doing well and strong spiritually, mentally, and physically.