Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Leaving for Sudan today

Hey all.

I'm headed off to Sudan again today. I'll be going to a new place called Atar. It's a little ways southwest of Malakal. I'll be helping out with whatever is needed. And it sounds like they're trying to do a young adults conference there. Which many of you know is right up my alley. I really like working with young adults. It will be a exciting time. I'm expectant that God is going to invade earth. Which is... something the Lord has been teaching me.

I will only have a short stint in Sudan. 6 weeks or so. I come out on the 5th or 6th of June. Atar is a remote base. At least 4 hours from malakal by boat. No internet, power, or facilities at all. Should be fun. But again. An interesting challenge.

Pray that i can finish strong.

Pray that i have the faith to believe that God not only can do miraculous things. But WILL do them. And that i would walk in that place where heaven invades earth.

Pray for the breakdown of stereotypes that i will face as i work with a new people. I'm not exactly the stereotypical missionary the people are used to.

Pray that my Love for God grows. And that it is evident to the people. And that out of that love for God. Out of the overflow. I would love the people too.

No comments: